See amid the winter's snow
- Tune: Humility (Oxford)
- Meter: 77 77 and Refrain
- Style: Victorian Carol Style: Carol
- Composer: John Goss (1800 - 1880)
- Lyricist: Edward Caswall (1814 - 1878)
- Church Year: Christmas
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
Spotify is available on either a free or low cost subscription basis. The recording should also be available on other major on-line download services.
Carol - See amid the winter's snow (6 Verses) - Download
- See amid the winter's snow (6 Verses) - on Spotify
- See amid the winter's snow (6 Verses) - on iTunes
Part of From Advent to Epiphany Vol. 2
Carol | See amid the winter's snow | Lyrics
See, amid the winter's snow,
Born for us on Earth below,
See, the tender Lamb appears,
Promised from eternal years.
Hail, thou ever blessed morn,
Hail redemption's happy dawn,
Sing through all Jerusalem,
Christ is born in Bethlehem.
Lo, within a manger lies
He who built the starry skies;
He who, throned in height sublime,
Sits among the cherubim.
Say, ye holy shepherds,say,
What your joyful news today;
Wherefore have ye left your sheep
On the lonely mountain steep?
"As we watched at dead of night,
Lo, we saw a wondrous light:
Angels singing 'Peace On Earth'
Told us of the Saviour's birth."
Sacred Infant, all divine,
What a tender love was Thine,
Thus to come from highest bliss
Down to such a world as this.
Teach, O teach us, Holy Child,
By Thy face so meek and mild,
Teach us to resemble Thee,
In Thy sweet humility