O love that wilt not let me go
- Tune: Saint Margaret
- Meter: 88 88 6
- Style: Victorian Carol
- Composer: Albert Lister Peace (1844 - 1912)
- Lyricist: George Matheson (1842 - 1906)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright © 2011 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
You can download the free MP3 recording of O love that wilt not let me go for use in Worship by clicking on the Download arrow next to the recording(s), this can then be burned to a CD or used from a computer, in an MP3 player or IPod & etc..
Hymn - O love that wilt not let me go - Free MP3 Download
Hymn - O love that wilt not let me go - Lyrics
1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.
2. O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
4. O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.