Love divine, all loves excelling
- 1st Tune: Blaenwern | 2nd Tune: Moriah
- Meter: 87 87 D
- Style: Victorian Hymn Style: Traditional Welsh
- Church Year: Weddings
- Blaenwern Composer: William Penfro Rowlands (1860 - 1937)
- Moriah Composer: Unknown Traditional Welsh Melody
- Lyricist: Charles Wesley (1707 - 1788)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
Hymn - Love divine, all loves excelling - Tune - Blaenwern Downloads
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2014 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
Released in April 2014, Love divine, all loves excelling is available on Wedding Songs - Volume 1. To keep up with modern times and to simplify issues with Copyright, we have started to use various on-line delivery services. Spotify is available on either a free or low cost subscription basis, other services will charge a small fee for the download, but you can keep and reuse the recording.
To download a recording of the entire Wedding Songs - Volume 1 album, please use the following links:
We also expect the music to be available on Napster and other on-line download services.To download just Love divine, all loves excelling please follow one of the links below:
- Link to Love divine, all loves excelling on Spotify
- Link to Love divine, all loves excelling on iTunes
- Link to Love divine, all loves excelling on Amazon.com
- Link to Love divine, all loves excelling on Amazon.co.uk
Hymn - Love divine, all loves excelling - Tune - Moriah Free MP3 Downloads
4 Verses on Organ
Hymn - Love divine, all loves excelling - Lyrics
Love divine, all loves excelling,
Joy of heaven to earth come down;
Fix in us thy humble dwelling;
All thy faithful mercies crown!
Jesus, Thou art all compassion,
Pure unbounded love Thou art;
Visit us with Thy salvation;
Enter every trembling heart.
Breathe, O breathe Thy loving Spirit,
Into every troubled breast!
Let us all in Thee inherit;
Let us find thy promised rest.
Take away the love of sinning;
Alpha and Omega be;
End of faith, as its Beginning,
Set our hearts at liberty.
Come, Almighty to deliver,
Let us all Thy life receive;
Suddenly return and never,
Never more Thy temples leave.
Thee we would be always blessing,
Serve Thee as Thy hosts above,
Pray and praise Thee without ceasing,
Glory in Thy perfect love.
Finish then Thy new creation;
Pure and spotless let us be.
Let us see Thy great salvation
Perfectly restored in Thee;
Changed from glory into glory,
Till in heaven we take our place,
Till we cast our crowns before Thee,
Lost in wonder, love, and praise.