I come to the garden alone
- Tune: In the Garden
- Meter: 8 9 10 7 and Refrain
- Style: Early 20th Century
- Church Year: Easter
- Composer: C. Austin Miles (1868 - 1946)
- Lyricist: C. Austin Miles (1868 - 1946)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright © 2010 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
You can download the free MP3 recording of I come to the garden alone for use in Worship by clicking on the Download arrow next to the recording(s), this can then be burned to a CD or used from a computer, in an MP3 player or IPod & etc..
Hymn | In the Garden | Free MP3 Download
Hymn | In the Garden | Lyics
I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet, the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing.
I’d stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.