And did those feet in ancient times
- Tune: Jerusalem
- Meter: DLM
- Style: Early 20th Century
- Church Year: Remembrance Sunday, Church Year: Weddings
- Composer: Charles Hubert Hastings Parry (1848 - 1918)
- Lyricist: William Blake (1757 - 1827)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performances Copyright © 2011 - 2012 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
You can download the free MP3 recording of And did those feet in ancient times for use in Worship by clicking on the Download arrow next to the recording(s), this can then be burned to a CD or used from a computer, in an MP3 player or IPod & etc..
Hymn - And did those feet in ancient time (Jerusalem) - MP3 Downloads
Hymn - And did those feet in ancient time - Lyrics
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen!
And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?
Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire!
I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England’s green and pleasant Land.